Chemistry Tutor Guildford, Surrey and London
What’s the point in having a chemistry tutor?
Aims: to improve your results, confidence, motivation and enjoyment. One-on-one personal tuition is the quickest and most effective way to learn.
* You can ask anything you want in a relaxed “non-school” like environment
* Sessions are tailored specifically for you and your syllabus
*Learn from a highly qualified and experienced Chemist who knows the subject, syllabus and exams inside out
*The difficult concepts will be made simple
*You can often learn more in a one hour session than in several weeks at school
* Over 10 years working as a GCSE and A-level Chemistry tutor in Surrey and London.
* Tutoring GCSE, iGCSE and A-Level students in Edexcel, OCR A and B and AQA syllabuses
* Also: college and University courses
* Current DBS (former CRB) check and associate member of The Tutors’ Association
1st Class Honours degree in Chemistry (Edinburgh University)
Ph.D Organic Chemistry (Edinburgh University)
Masters Biomedical Science (Imperial College)
Click here to see what others say about my tutoring
Options and Cost
* Usually 1 hour sessions.
* One session per week or once a fortnight is enough.
* Cost: £45 per hour for any level (includes travel costs)
Where does it take place?
Surrey, the South East and London.
Usually at the student’s home.
Skype sessions are also available.
Click here to make an enquiry
Chemistry Tuition – what to expect
GCSE, iGCSE and A-Level (AS and A2) Chemistry | Edexcel, AQA, OCR A and B syllabuses
* Look at why you are not getting the results that you want
* Devise a plan and goals for the next few weeks and longer term.
* Identify the topics and type of questions that you need most help with
* Simplify the theory to give you a good understanding and knowledge
* Initially look at some simple questions to test you
* Then look at past paper questions to make you exam focused from the start
* Continuously work on your study and exam skills with the aim to boost confidence
* As the exams approach, become more focused on past papers
* Work on timing, improving written answers and how to become better at exams
* Make the student aware of the type of questions that are likely to come up in the exam